Saturday, August 30, 2008

New Book


I have a new project that I have wanted to do since 2nd grade and am finally doing. Fairy Stone State Park was our family vacation when I was growing up, and I loved finding all of the hidden places and learning the facinating history of the place.
Now, after we have gone again with Mom and taken our kids for two years, I am finally starting my book about the region. I did a little researching last summer, but worked really hard this summer, going to the genealogical center and completing an interview with the spouse of a CCC member from Fairy Stone. I have spent the past few months making contacts and following leads of people in the area to interview.
Bryan and I are going back in first weekend in November for me to complete more interviews. I am very excited about this, as it is a fascinating history that is slowly getting lost, and there is no other book in print on the area. It will be really neat to see what it shapes in to.

No comments: