

It is canning season! Yesterday Brianne and I canned cherries and today we went to pick corn and have been shucking corn all afternoon. We opened our first jar of cherries today, which were great!! And the corn picking was fun. A church member had free corn; all you had to do was go pick it out of the field. Brianne went across the street to play, and I took Bryson and William with me, which was interesting. We have a lot of corn to can now though.
2 comments:
You have mixed blessings. Great to have all of that produce to can, but what a lot of work ahead of you. I wish I had just a portion of food to can. Good luck getting it all done!
Your canning looks great. I have not done corn before. I just got a pressure canner for my birthday in May. How much corn do you can?
Take care,
Jennie
Post a Comment