Sunday, May 4, 2008

This Weekend's Events

I had so much fun with the kids this weekend! Saturday the kids and I went and picked up bread for church and then met Mom and Jen at Newport News Park for the yearly Children's Festival. I had never been before, but it was great!! I wish I had prepared to be there all day. They had pony rides, face painting, balloons to jump in, and tons of other things, and the best part was it was all free. We all had a great time!
Brianne also made some of the cutest comments yesterday. She told me that she does not want to grow up and she wants to stay a kid. She asked if Jesus was going to make her grow up. Then, she said "I don't want to be a mommy because I do not want to leave my house and my family, William, and Bryson." It was adorable!!
Today we went and fed the ducks at Beaverdam after church, with tons of leftover bread loaves from church. It was William's first time feeding ducks and he was fascinated. I could not believe I didn't take my camera!! He really liked it! Then, we planted some tomato plants in buckets that Gary brought over for us, and spent the afternoon playing with the kids.
At one point, I heard this huge bang and William started crying. They had gotten out of the bathtub a little while earlier, and William had eventually gotten himself back into the bathtub, since Bryan accidentally forgot to let the water out, and I guess fell trying to get out. It was funny though, because he was soaked from head to toe in his pajamas. That boy loves bath time!! It is his absolute favorite time of the day. All you have to do is say "bath" and he runs to the bathroom screaming, "b-a-t-h!!!"

No comments: