So, Bryan and I had a conversation a couple of nights ago that really made me think about the path my life has taken and how different my life has turned out from where I started. He joked and called me a Molly Mormoan. Ten years ago if someone had called me a Molly Mormon I would have been so incredibly offended and appalled. Now, I think it is funny and I value that comment.
Ten years ago if someone had asked me what did I want to do with my life, I would have been very direct and known exactly what I wanted to do. I would want to be competing in ballroom dance. I would want to continue school and get my Doctorate. I would want to get married to Bryan and have no children, or maybe one. I would want to teach and then after teaching a few years I would want to become a college professor.
So, ten years later, the only part of that path is Bryan.
Now, my life plan is so different I am constantly having to reevaluate who I have become and who I am still becoming. Now, I still want to be married to Bryan, I want 8 children (and not because of a blessing...that's just a bonus arguing point with Bryan), I have no desire to teach, I want to stay at home with my children, I desperately want to homeschool K-12, and I want a working hobby farm. In that, I mean I want to dry and wet can throughout the year, I want to regularly use wheat in our meals, I want chickens for eggs, I would not mind a few hogs to use, and a milk cow. Horses, goats, geese, rabbits, cats, and dogs are great too. Oh, and I also think I would like to have a lab pair to breed labs every other year for a few years. What has happened to me?
I am definitely a Molly Mormon!! I just need to learn to sew my own clothes!
3 comments:
I am constantly amazed at how we try to make goals and order our lives and then the Lord steps in and leads us in another direction. We are proud of all you have learned and are proud you are a Molly Mormon.
Isn't it funny how our paths continue to meander throughout our lives? Here I am, nearly an empty nester and still wondering what it is I want to do when I grow up! The older I get, the more new things I want to learn and try.
Keep up the good work!
Funny how we grow up being something completely different than we thought we'd be, isn't it?
Saw the pics of Bryan and Brianne in Vegas, looks like fun!
I just emailed you guys an invite to my blog, hope you'll stop by!
Sheryl Killpack Coe
Post a Comment