Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Garden Season
The kids and I planted out first garden yesterday. Bryan tilled the area up for us on Saturday, Gary brought us ome plants his mother had potted, and we planted a lot of seed. I am so excited!!! Brianne enjoyed planting the plants Gary brought, and her sunflower seeds. William put every one of the corn kernels in the dug holes. After that, Brianne and William played hide n' seek in the woods while Bryson sat in the stroller, and I dug holes. I can't wait to see what we get from it. We planted zucchini, egg plant, squash, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, aruba peppers, carrots, onions, cucumber, beans, corn, and tomatoes. I'm going to ask Bryan to till another area so we can rotate the vegetables and Gary brought over some more plants this morning. Hopefully we'll get enough so we can can some for the winter. I would love that. That is ultimately my goal, but I'm not sure if it will happen this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I sure miss gardening -- we don't do so well here in Las Vegas; oh well, maybe we'll be out your way before too long. Good growing!
Post a Comment