




We just got back from spending the last week at Fairy Stone State Park yesterday. Mom and John rented a cabin for the week and the kids and I went, as well as Kyla. Bryan came up for Friday through Sunday. It was a good trip with lots of ups and downs.
The kids loved swimming in the lake, feeding the ducks, leaving food out for the fairies at night, looking for deer and turtles, and playing in the cabin.
Mom loved her morning hikes alone, John loved going out in the boat on the lake, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself going down memory lane and going to all of my favorite places in the park. I also worked very hard on my book while there. I interviewed a woman who's husband was in the CCC camp that constructed Fairy Stone and the stories were fascinating. I got lots of old pictures and tons of information. I also went exploring around the Fayerdale cemetary that has been forgotten in the woods and found an axe head that is so old it literally starts to fall apart in your hands.
The kids were kind of hard during the trip. Someone was always crying, whether it was Brianne, Kyla, William, Bryson, or myself.
We did had one big first last week! Bryson got his first tooth last Wednesday night/Thursday morning. It is so cute!!!
Overall, it was a great trip, and the kids had the most wonderful time! It does feel really good to be back home though. And Bryan had the most wonderful surprises for me when we got home. He finally powerwashed the house, cleaned out the garage, and built a brick walkway from the front porch to the circular drive. They were all great surprises!
2 comments:
From the pictures it looks like everyone had a good time. I guess you didn't take any of everyone crying. I hope you remember to times when you were all smiling. Great job Bryan on getting all of those home improvements done!
it looks like everyone loved it!! it's gorgeous up there!! really beautiful, we have to try to go together next year. oh, and Bryson looks just like his brother!! they have the same smile!!
Post a Comment