Monday, July 28, 2008

They're hatching!


Well, the guinea hens were not supposed to start hatching until Wednesday, but we have some earlier starters.
Yesterday, the older guinea hen kept having a hissy fit in the room, and when I kept going in to check on him I could not find anything wrong. Then, I heard another chirping on top of his own chirping. When I looked in the incubator, two hens had already hatched, and this one was working his way out of the shell.
We have six hens so far. I put four of them in a box under a heat lamp last night. The lat two hatched late, so I left them in the incubator overnight, but seeing them this morning, there are some problems with them, so I need to call Gary and see what to do. I'm really upset about the last two. They are all so cute!

No comments: