Tuesday, November 11, 2008












Bryan and I went to Fairystone State Park last weekend for Friday til Sunday. Mon and John kept Brianne and William and we took Bryson with us. It was our first time away without the kids, and it was so nice to just wake up in the morning and read or scrapbook. We were actually going up because I had several interviews set up with CCC members from Fairystone. The interviews went well and I was able to gather a lot of information for articles, county records, etc.. I now have a lot more work to go through on this book.
Friday we pretty much hung out at the cabin, it being a 5 hour drive there. Saturday we hiked to the spillway in the morning, I did my interviews while Bryan stayed at the cabin with Bryson, we drove to the Beaver Creek Plantation (now a private residence), and we went out to dinner. Sunday was pretty much a driving day.
Sunday was hard for me with the kids after being away for 36 hours. I felt like they were all over me, but I did miss them over the weekend. I told Bryan we needed to do this every year or so, and not every five years.



1 comment:

Jolene said...

I have never been to Fairystone Park, but it looks gorgeous. It is nice to get away from the kids for a short while. You really appreciate them when you see them again and know how much you missed them.