Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Shower for Baby #4
























Tara and Donna Yeatts through a joint baby shower for Ellie Goode and myself. Donna's father passed away unexpectedly last week and was out of town, so Tara put the majority of the shower together. It was wonderful!! It was not officially a church shower, but pretty much was. Ellie and I have both been friends since she moved here and served in the Primary Pres together. We are both having boys, and are 8 weeks apart. Tara did a great job on everything!! The cake and bootie candies were adorable. The food was delicious! The games were fun and it was a lot of fun just relaxing and celebrating the new babies.
With each baby it does seem to get less and less "special." The baby is still just as special, but it becomes more common. I've noticed I have not had as many cards, events, etc. ti put in the scrapbook. Also, being that I am having another boy, I figured I was set and had everything I needed for the baby. I have been so wrong. Eventually things wear out. Bryan got the baby boy bins out of the attic a few months ago, and on top of realizing this baby is being born when it is cold outside and it was warm with William and Bryson, I saw the baby monitors didn't work anymore, the baby thermometer, the baby bath tub, and the infant car seat and stroller were all too far gone to use them again. So, for the past few weeks it has felt like we are having a baby for the first time almost. I have had a huge list of things I need for this baby and I was not thinking of that at all.
Ellie and I really did enjoy the shower and appreciated all of the time Tara put into it for us. It was great!!!!













1 comment:

Wendy Lady said...

What fun! Tara definitely did an awesome job putting together the shower. How nice that this little guy will get new things. Too bad you're too far away for us to get to know your kids.