





















April 10th: This was a long awaited day. I started planning a day trip to DC for the homeschool group last August. It was a lot of work, with quoting and scheduling a charter bus, scheduling fundraisers, getting payments and infor from everyone, and finally the day came.
We left at 5:30a and got back home at midnight. We ate donuts for breakfast on the bus, first stopped at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, went to the Smithsonian American History Museum, ate packed lunches on the bus, spent the afternoon at the National Zoo, and then went to Open Diner for dinner. It really was a fun day!
By the time we were at the zoo, everyone was exhausted. We all loved the animals, but as Brianne and I were walking around we would keep seeing families sitting here and there resting. For the Smithsonian we all stayed together into two large groups, and at the zoo we stayed together as we could.
It really was a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to plan this trip every two years, with focusing on a different aspect of DC on each trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment