
So, I am not artistic at all like Brianne, but I have been really excited about a lot of things lately. We have always planned on one day getting horses, goats, rabbits, etc.. Well, I have been thinking and instead of waiting, want to start slowing starting our "hobby farm." So, I got so excited the other day, that I worked on the layout of everything. Bryan and I made changes 4-5 times, but we think we have everything the way we want it. I wish it was really visual, just so that 10 years from now I can look back at it and see what we actually ended up doing. We no on the far side of the field we want the barn, and we want to clear more land to attach some more acreage, so it is a L shape. Then, as ways behind the barn we will have the rabbits, goats, and chickens. The goats will be rotated from two attached areas, of the summer and winter gardens. In the summer, they will be housed at night in the winter garden area, and then in the winter they will be in the summer garden area.
Then, in the woods behind our house, there are a few acres that got burned a few years ago, and are just empty woods now. We want to get fruit trees and plant them up there.
So, when we are 50-60 years old, maybe we will actually be self sustaining here. :)
I am really excited though. We are getting 4 pygmy doe goats this spring, about 2 months after they are born. William can barely wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment